Our Deposit a Gift Registry!

Our Deposit a Gift Registry

You can browse our wedding registry if you follow the above link. Dana Ostomel, the founder of the company is amazing! She has been very attentive and helpful! Her website is a great idea for any occasion.... birthday, baby shower, graduation etc. I recommend this site to all my friends, family and aquaintances I am also very excited to announce that thanks to Dana I was selected as an expert Green Bride blogger!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Bridal Party Invitations

I am so excited for our ceremony. Our gathering will be small and intimate and I have selected three women that I cherish to stand by my side next November. The lovely miss Jennifer Alligood as my maitron of honor, as well as Melanie Minard and Taisir El-Souessi for my bridesmaids. These women have been such an important part of my life and I adore their friendships. I am so very grateful to know them and admire each of them. I sent my girls packages of appreciation for their friendship and for joining me on my special day.


Jennifer Alligood

I have known Jennifer since I was 15 years old and have absolutely loved her from the day that I met her. She has this intense light shining from her heart that you can't help but feel after only moments in her presence. Jennifer is wise and strong and a very good friend. Jenn has a super versatile personality and can mesh with just about anyone out there. She is altruistic, beautiful, intelligent and is FIERCE! Look out! Rawr. I know she always got my back ;)
Jennifer is constantly showing me bright new worlds that I didn't know existed. She knows exactly what my heart needs when it is aching and what my mind wants when it wanders. I can really trust her with any secret and can talk to her forever and never get bored. I always feel completely and utterly at peace in our silent moments together. Jennifer has the power to make me smile - no matter what is making me frown.


I have been asking her to move here for years and finally got my wish! I am so happy that she and her family have recently moved to Colorado. She is my bestest girlfriend and I am elated that she agreed to play such an important part in my ceremony. I feel honored to have her friendship and commitment.
For Jennifer's card I chose a picture of a heart made from corks and the lyrics to "Sister" by Dave Matthews....
" Pass the time with you in mind It's a rather quiet night.Feel the ground against my back, counting stars against the black.Thinking bout another day, wishing I was far away.Whether they were dreams or worries you were there with me.Sister, I hear you laugh my heart fills up" ~ Dave Matthews

I didn't snap any shots of her little package but I put these cute little kokeshi pins and a coffee/tea sleeve in it....




Melanie Minard

I met Melanie through Livejournal in 2003. I was moving back to Colorado and had joined several of the LJ communities. We had so much in common so I messaged her and we hit it off right away. When I finally met Melanie in person I was instantly enchanted by her warmth and compassion for others. I knew right away that we would be friends for a long time. Melanie was very gracious and welcomed me into her circle.
I have come to know her as one of the kindest souls I have ever met. Melanie has a smile that can part clouds and shine rainbows directly into your heart. Her friendship reminds me of the sweetest of childhood delights - unicorns, fairytales, and magic.... Whenever I am around Melanie I always feel lifted to new heights in spirit.

I've grown quite attached to her and love her dearly. I am so very grateful that our paths crossed and that we were meant to be close companions. She is constantly teaching me new things and is an amazing chef! I feel so lucky whenever she is feeding me delicious vegan delights!


I created this card for Melanie - from a variety of materials I gathered over time. A napkin, some origami paper, a print of two pretty Kokeshi dolls. The flower on the kokeshi's head is from a bracelet I once gave my daughter on her birthday. The bracelet broke and my daughter gave it to me to craft with. I just love that the flower has been gifted and regifted and recreated! I thought it brought such a sparkle and gave Melanie's card a three dimensional feel
“Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
This circlet was a gift for Melanie from du plume's etsy shop. (We plan on using it for inspiration when crafting for the bridal party) Du Plume has some really great stuff.... I just adore the feather bouquets. They also have another shop called the old goat where they gush over vintage finds! Du Plume is: "Lots of feathers, lots of fancy, lots of fabulosity! "
Melanie also likes to enjoy hot tea and adores the planet as much as I do... so I found these cute coffee/tea sleeves for her and Jenn. I found them on etsy at margeabbot's shop.
Marge is a stay at home mom with 3 amazing boys. When she is not up to her eyeballs in dirty dishes and even dirtier laundry she is crafting.... she has some really cute stuff for sale from time to time! I just love supporting stay at home Mom's who make an effort to reuse, recycle and restore!
Taisir El-Souessi

Taisir is my sister. I would not be the woman I am this day if it were not for the love and support of her and her Mommy. Taisir and I have traveled so many roads together and I love her with all of my heart. She has been there for me through every difficult experience I have ever had and has always had loving and intelligent advice.
We have often said that we are one person in two bodies and have spent years developing a secret language of inside jokes that nobody else really understands...... Whenever we spend time together before long - people are rolling their eyes because we don't make a lick of sense to anyone else. I love our unique and intimate bond and wish that she did not live so far away. Far too often, I find myself lump throaty and wet eyed when I think of her laugh or the way she would tell me exactly how it is.... I miss her and HATE that there are thousands of miles between us.
Taisir is an incredible Mother and extremely talented woman. She is one of those people who can do ANYTHING she wants to. It does not take her long to learn any skill she desires. She is so very intelligent, powerful, spiritual and wise. I love my sister so very much and am beside myself with joy that she will be at my side next November.

Her card was created with gathered materials as well. For her package I sent a couple of Colorado tea bags and a necklace that I found at Marolsha by Maddy 's etsy shop with the perfect sentiment on it.
Marolsha by Maddy's has a selection of mod and vintage style jewelry in their shop. They are located out of Singapore. "I try to focus on repurposing, or recycling a vintage pieces and am inspired by nature, people, things around me, and anything that makes me happy while creating a particular jewelry." ~ Maddy

"Je T'aime Plus Qu'Hier Moins Que Demain"
~ Love you more than yesterday, less than tomorrow








 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is gorgeous! I haven’t seen anything like this ever before. I am going to share this post with all my friends. My wedding is around the corner and is in one of my favorite San Francisco wedding venues. I simply loved the invites and I am glad to have come across this post.

    ReplyDelete